Executive housekeepers direct and control housekeeping operations and staff of the housekeeping department. An executive housekeeper, co-ordinates between housekeeping crews to inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met. An executive housekeeper manages many priorities and demands and is able to solve problems, support staff, as well as perform the duties of a housekeeper when required.
- Establish and/or implement operating procedures and standards
- Plan and coordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crew
- Coordinate inspection or inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met
- Apply human resource management skills, such as hiring, training, scheduling and evaluating performance.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction in assigning housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work. Perform new hire requirements. Provide staffing, training, counseling, and performance reviews for housekeeping department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A secondary school diploma is required.
- A college diploma in tourism or business management is an asset, as Professional attitude.
- 5 years’ experience working in housekeeping is required.
- Previous supervisor or manager experience is an asset
- Communication skills such as recruitment and training
- Good customer service skills
- Purchasing and inventory skills is an asset.
- Knowledge of cleaning materials.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership abilities and organization skills.
- Develop and implement housekeeping systems and procedures.